If it's July, life must be hectic

I'm so busy right now, I feel like summer is going to slip by with no chance to enjoy it. By "it", I mean the warm sun, the lush plant-life, the water, the great outdoors.

We have sailed all of two hours so far this summer. This is pathetic! Of course, there have been a lot of rainy weekends, which doesn't help. Other contributing factors:

It's budget time at work, so it's hard to take time off. I'm knocking down the work, as much as I can in the heat. Showtime is July 24th, when I must have a budget together.

Our band has eight gigs this month, which is a lot. We have four gigs next week, which is probably too many.

My sister and her family visited the last weekend in June, and they are coming back this weekend - my niece is attending a music camp at a nearby college. Fun, and they would go sailing with us, but there just isn't enough time.

My grad course this term is a killer. I'm taking Governmental Budgeting - which I thought would be a slam-dunk and maybe even interesting, because after all, budgets are my thang. However, it turns out to be 700 dry pages of federal acronyms, little on how you actually create a budget, and a prof who expects me to memorize this stuff. He also holds political views that are quite different from mine, so I have been careful not to let my freak flag fly. During the next two weeks I will be taking a final and writing a 4,000 word paper on the USDA.

We continue to have a couple of guys show up to put siding on our house, when it isn't raining. Things go more smoothly and more quickly when Robert sticks around to give a hand and help solve problems. The siding is well over half done!

Adding to it all is the sad diagnosis that I got today: I now must tell all medical services providers that I am allergic to sulfa drugs. I developed a UTI over the weekend and my old friend Sulfa Trimeth caused me to develop a red, itchy rash on my eyelids. It feels just like I chopped hot peppers, then touched my eyes before washing the pepper juice off of my hands. I have an undertone of red all over my body. I'm on a different drug now to finish up the UTI cure, and I need to stay out of the sun for a while. This means that I am now allergic to two of the three main families of drugs used for urinary tract infections. Time to drink some water.

I was panicking a week ago about my schedule overload, but I feel strangely calm tonight. Everything that needs to get done will get done. And after it's done, we'll go sailing.

Comments

Please support the EGFR Resisters Research Fund!

To help improve outcomes for people like me with EGFR mutated lung cancer, please donate to the EGFR Resisters' Research Fund. All donations are tax deductible and are in a restricted fund with the Bonnie Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, a four-star rated charity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Popular posts from this blog

Telling stories to myself

My Carbon Footprint Grows Ever Larger

New Year, Old Dusty Blog