Real life in ascendency

I have been a sorry excuse for a blogger lately. Real life has been requiring my attention.

My husband's campaign is going well. He has a game-plan, and he's sticking to it.

My daughter is working on grad school plans. She procrastinated long enough to make it difficult to take the GRE, so she is applying only to Canadian schools. I suspect that this was her gameplan all along.

The budget at work is under attack. We are in a holding pattern until our finders decide just how deeply they want to cut us.

I've been able to spend time with family during the past few weeks. Father, stepmother, mother, daughter, son, son's GF, grandkids, in time order.

I have two big projects breathing down my back at work - a migration of the email system to a new platform, and expansion of the tax prep program.

But right now I am taking some time for myself. I'm on a chartered bus heading towards Rhinebeck for the NY Sheep & Wool
Festival. And i'm writing a blog post on my iPhone.

Writing is something that I am missing. There is nothing like a wee drought to make you appreciate the rain. Fortunately I live in a part of the world where droughts tend to be brief. So may it be with my writing, as it is with the rain.

Comments

Please support the EGFR Resisters Research Fund!

To help improve outcomes for people like me with EGFR mutated lung cancer, please donate to the EGFR Resisters' Research Fund. All donations are tax deductible and are in a restricted fund with the Bonnie Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, a four-star rated charity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Popular posts from this blog

Telling stories to myself

My Carbon Footprint Grows Ever Larger

New Year, Old Dusty Blog