Post from Lung Cancer Support Site: Report on the Lung Cancer Leadership Conference

In February 2018, I was privileged to attend the Lung Cancer Leadership Conference, held by the Lung Cancer Research Foundation. This was the first time this conference was officially held by the Lung Cancer Research Foundation, which merged with Free to Breathe (the former organizer) in 2017.

I was able to share a room with my good friend Denise Cutlip, who has her own blog survivingit. It was a different conference from most of the lung cancer events I've gone to; most of the attendees were family members of lung cancer patients who were dedicated to raising money to fund research. There were presentations on research and current treatment paths, but the main focus was on fundraising.

I wrote a report of my experience for the HealthUnlocked.com blog, which at that time was moderated by Free to Breathe/Lung Cancer Research Foundation. Moderation of the site is changing as I write this, with the Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation stepping up to lead the site. In the meantime, Denise is moderating the site.

Report on the 2018 Lung Cancer Leadership Conference

"Successful fundraising circles back to the point that Chris Draft was making: people support people and the causes they believe in, not causes alone. As one of my bosses used to say, 'It’s all relationships'."

Comments

  1. I'm 63 years old and I am in Stage IV NSCLC (EGFR). Diagnosed in April -2018. I started treatment by the end if April. Cancer has spread to the lymphatic glands in the right lung near the primary cancer to a lymphatic gland on my neck, my adrenal glands and to the a rib. After 3 months the PET scan shows the cancer has disappeared in 7 places and shrunk in the remaining 3 places ie: the primary tumor, one lymphatic gland in the lung and one on the bone.I am on target therapy 1 tab Gefitnib 250mg/ day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please support the EGFR Resisters Research Fund!

To help improve outcomes for people like me with EGFR mutated lung cancer, please donate to the EGFR Resisters' Research Fund. All donations are tax deductible and are in a restricted fund with the Bonnie Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, a four-star rated charity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Popular posts from this blog

Telling stories to myself

My Carbon Footprint Grows Ever Larger

New Year, Old Dusty Blog