Dazed and Amazed


We saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones in concert tonight, and it was an amazing experience. 
On the way home, R. called the music profound. I found myself in tears at one point.
Organized chaos with a strong sense of melody, and an elegant light show. Sound levels were quite good as well. These guys want to hear for a long time, and they want their audiences to hear as well.
There was one sung song, “Sunset Road”, and R. said the simple lyrics expressed perfectly how he feels these days.
I bought 2 CDs - the Flecktones’ newest, “Rocket Science”, and Victor Wooten’s “A Show of Hands”. We didn’t play them on the way home. We haven’t played any music of any kind since we left the concert hall. It wouldn’t be respectful.
There’s lots of time tomorrow for music.

Comments

  1. I, too, saw Bela Fleck and the Flecktones a few years back when they played at the Montreal Jazz Festival. I was utterly blown away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please support the EGFR Resisters Research Fund!

To help improve outcomes for people like me with EGFR mutated lung cancer, please donate to the EGFR Resisters' Research Fund. All donations are tax deductible and are in a restricted fund with the Bonnie Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, a four-star rated charity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Popular posts from this blog

Telling stories to myself

My Carbon Footprint Grows Ever Larger

New Year, Old Dusty Blog