The other side of the story

Last night I knew - felt - why B reacted the way she did to my invoices. 180 degrees around to the other side of the story.

She is a woman of strong personality, who runs a busy department, who keeps having to do more with less due to budget cutbacks.

She just came back to work part-time, after surgery and treatments for ovarian cancer. Yeah, all of us women are shuddering at that one.

At the same time that she returned to work, a key person - the person who processed all those invoices from 50-some locations - retired.

Maybe she is having a hard time with the question "WHY?" right now.

I wouldn't blame her if she tore those invoices up into tiny pieces.

Comments

Please support the EGFR Resisters Research Fund!

To help improve outcomes for people like me with EGFR mutated lung cancer, please donate to the EGFR Resisters' Research Fund. All donations are tax deductible and are in a restricted fund with the Bonnie Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, a four-star rated charity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Popular posts from this blog

Telling stories to myself

My Carbon Footprint Grows Ever Larger

New Year, Old Dusty Blog