A Shout-Out: An Essay by Bill Vitek

Normally I am careful to preserve the fiction that I am writing for myself rather than an audience when I blog. Not today. This is a shout-out, urging you to read this essay:

These Revolutionary Times by Bill Vitek

A bit about Bill:

He teaches philosophy and ethics at Clarkson University, a school that specializes in engineering, science, and business.

He is a wonderful jazz pianist. He collaborates with Dan Gagliardi, a stand-up bass player and mathematician who has been a mentor to my daughter. You can hear their music here: A Fine Line: UpNorth Music Project.

When I was still attending church regularly at the UU in Canton, I heard him give a guest sermon. I think it was the best sermon I ever heard in that space.

A bit about the essay:

It talks about what lies ahead for us as a species in the near future. Very near in terms of the earth's clock. To me, it has the ring of truth.

Please read it. Perhaps we could even have a conversation about Bill's thoughts.

Comments

Please support the EGFR Resisters Research Fund!

To help improve outcomes for people like me with EGFR mutated lung cancer, please donate to the EGFR Resisters' Research Fund. All donations are tax deductible and are in a restricted fund with the Bonnie Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, a four-star rated charity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Popular posts from this blog

Telling stories to myself

My Carbon Footprint Grows Ever Larger

New Year, Old Dusty Blog