December 3 Blog: Best Article

December 3 Article. What's an article that you read that blew you away? That you shared with all your friends?

I've searched my bookmarks and blog posts to see if any article hit me hard this year, and came up with nothing.

The question implies to me an article that would change the way I see the world, or how I understood something. I don't think I encountered anything quite like that The bedrocks of my world view are what they were at the beginning of the year.

And what are they?

We live on a planet with a limited supply of everything, and have almost surely reproduced beyond the carrying capacity of the earth. I'm lucky, I'm going to be safely tucked away in my grave before the shit really hits the fan.

Everyone sees the world in the same way. Each of us is the center of the story that every human lives. Each of us has to learn to see how what we do affects everyone and everything else.

Actions have consequences, and those consequences shape future actions.

Change is possible, but it is hard work and is usually made up of tiny little steps that don't look like much when examined singly. It also usually takes longer than expected.

I am one of the most fortunate people ever to be born on this planet. I live in a peaceful place with clean air and clean water. I have a warm home and more of everything than I need. Medical interventions have saved my life twice, and a miracle drug fends off my MS. I am living at the cusp of the fossil fuel economy, where energy is cheap and plentiful. To sum up in six words, "Right time, right place, sheer luck".

If I find an article that changes any of these beliefs, you can be assured that I will come back and blog about it.

#best09 on Twitter

Comments

Please support the EGFR Resisters Research Fund!

To help improve outcomes for people like me with EGFR mutated lung cancer, please donate to the EGFR Resisters' Research Fund. All donations are tax deductible and are in a restricted fund with the Bonnie Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, a four-star rated charity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Popular posts from this blog

Telling stories to myself

My Carbon Footprint Grows Ever Larger

New Year, Old Dusty Blog