Turmoil, and a happy ending

We got home tonight after four days on Cape Cod visiting my dad and stepmother. A lovely visit, and all too short.

We came home to find one of our four cats was missing. The most important cat - our daughter's cat Q, the sailing cat. Who was supposed to go to Montreal with Ana tomorrow.

We searched every corner of the house. No Q. We went outside, and called and called. No Q.

By this time, I was crying. I've lost enough cats in my life, and I know that to love a pet means that someday your heart will break. I also realized that I was feeling sad about the trip tomorrow. Ana is going back to school. She will stay in touch daily via chat, and come home over Canadian Thanksgiving, but she won't be home. It's been a great summer, and it's over.

Then, suddenly a small noise outside. Ana was up in a flash, and out the door. It was Q, distinctly thinner. We think she snuck outside on Wednesday when we were packing up the car, and was outside the entire time we were gone.

There has been a flurry of positive energy since Q came home. I am giving one of my sewing machines to Ana - my beloved Singer Fashion Mate, which I've had since I was her age. It is all packed up and ready to go, along with bobbins, thread, oil, and other sewing supplies.

I won't cry tomorrow. It's out of my system.

Comments

Please support the EGFR Resisters Research Fund!

To help improve outcomes for people like me with EGFR mutated lung cancer, please donate to the EGFR Resisters' Research Fund. All donations are tax deductible and are in a restricted fund with the Bonnie Addario Lung Cancer Foundation, a four-star rated charity. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


Popular posts from this blog

Telling stories to myself

My Carbon Footprint Grows Ever Larger

New Year, Old Dusty Blog